Thursday 6 September 2012

Horseshoe Canyon and Lake Powell

We moved out of the rooms we had been very comfortable in at the motel as it was full - 20 yards to equally comfortable rooms just across the way.

We then went to Horseshoe canyon. After a hot walk across the desert we came to the overlook, on a cliff 1000 feet high. There were no safety rails, I crawled on my belly and held the camera out over the abyss to take this shot
this was using the damaged camera which still seems to work OK wide angle.

Andrew stood up to take this shot using the old camera
I can't make out much of a difference on my small netbook but I would be interested in any views on which is better and whether the main camera is working OK.

In the afternoon we went for a paddle on Lake Powell in a double kayak,
 
I went for a very refreshing swim, it was very hot paddling in 100F+
Tomorrow we head towards Marble Canyon and possibly the North rim of the Grand Canyon.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're having a wonderful time! I'm loving the blogs and being able to see all the beautiful things you're seeing!
    It sounds like there's some death-defying photography going on! I think the top photograph is better (sorry Andrew!) as it captures more of the view and definitely looks of equally good quality on my computer!
    Glad you're enjoying yourselves so much!

    P.S. if you did fancy bringing home a load of hummingbirds (a charm of hummingbirds apparently) I definitely wouldn't complain! They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete